Tuesday, April 10, 2012

new beginnings!

i did it! i moved! i'm sorry for the long hiatus but it took a while to get my stuff back and the wireless hooked up ;) writing from my smart phone just isn't the same as writing on a keyboard.

the kitties and i drove for 16 hours over 2 days to get here, and the amount of emotions that i've had in the last two weeks are almost hard to believe. i cried when i drove away from the city, smiled the whole way through virginia's beautiful shenandoah valley, and became almost panicky nervous by the time i got here.

my brother and his wife have either talked to me or seen me every day since i arrived, and i know that this is a good move for me. it's just hard to deal a little at the moment. my stuff hasn't arrived yet, so the only furniture in this big apartment is my bed that i bought when i got here. the apt also has no natural light at all -- all the lights have to be on all the time. these two little facts have been making me utterly miserable for my first week of living here. i don't feel like i'm living at all - i'm surviving. this nomadic lifestyle gets sooo old. i want to be settled. i want to be in an apartment that's perfect, with sun and style.

but i'm trying to not complain. i am very excited to be starting my life over a bit. i just wish this feeling of temporary life would go away. i don't like this part of it.

to new beginnings! and new (happier) adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I just stumbled upon your blog and wow- we are similar. Our mothers are so similar. I've tried to comment twice now, both times they were long and rambly and both times blogger deleted them while I tried to sign in. Le sigh. Long story short- I'm 25, live on the west coast, and my mother has delusional disorder, depression, and has been diagnosed at different times with being on the "schizophrenic spectrum" and borderline. I've been reading your blog for about an hour, and you and I should really be penpals. You should contact me via my blog, if you want. No one should go through this alone, and I speak as much for me as for you.
    :) thanks for writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete