Friday, July 16, 2010

sigh of relief.

the wedding was wonderful. beautiful. emotional. i spent half the time wanting to shoot half my family, and the other half smiling and loving every moment. my brother was so incredibly happy. his wife is such a beautiful person.

and my mother did not crash the party.

i knew in my heart that she wouldn't show. she has moments of clarity where she can understand how serious it would have been if she did. but everyone kept asking me. my 90-year-old grandmother said loudly, in front of everyone, "well, i guess the ****** ghost didn't make her appearance." i wanted to die. she's not a ghost. she's just mentally ill.

the kids are off on their honeymoon, and i'm still glowing from watching start their own family together.

i'd be lying if i said i didn't spend the whole time wishing i had someone in my life as well. i want what they have, and what they are building.

No comments:

Post a Comment