Monday, April 11, 2011

second or third chances.

by some miracle, my shoulder is healing. it's not perfect, or 100%, but better enough to go back to work and stop sitting on my couch like a sorry sack. at my monthly support meeting, i broke down into tears confessing that i've felt more alone in this than anything else. i spent most of march hurt, ignored by friends, and cared for only by a handful of very sweet physical therapists and doctors.

while i was away, something happened at work. pretty major. and as a result, i've been transferred to another branch. i don't want to get into all of it, suffice it to say that telling your friends things about work can come to bite you in the ass. but i'm laughing all the way to the bank, because my new boss is AMAZING.

somehow, by a weird twist of fate, i'm being given another chance to have a normal work life. after all these years of crazy and unfriendly bosses that just added to my stress level, i've been given a gift of a boss.

so, within one month, i have emotionally hit rock bottom, but thrown a lifeline. i'm scared to think that this could be the start of something really big for me. maybe this really will be my year. i'm scared to hope for anything good, and even when the cops showed up at my house last week after receiving yet another letter from my mother, i'm still trying to grasp at the good stuff.

maybe i'm maturing? eh. i'm at least climbing out of the hole.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you have the support group and blog where you can share your feelings. They both seem to be great ways to move your process along. Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ben. i'm trying as hard as i can not to slip back down again. there's so much positivity happening but it's hard to belive. or trust.

    ReplyDelete