Tuesday, June 21, 2011

oddly disappointed.

my mother didn't show up. there was no hysterical episode outside of my building. the police weren't called. the desperate wish that somehow we would wind up in a hospital didn't come true.

my anxiety over the past few days has been unbearable. i haven't slept well in three days, and i dread coming home. i was a nutcase at work, and felt like i was worrying everyone. i tried to explain what this feels like. the intense fear, anger, worry... disappointment.

never thought i'd feel disappointed. the rush of relief should be what i'm feeling. i should be happy there wasn't any kind of incident. but all i feel is incomplete - like the sentence has been ended with an ellipsis. still all this uncertainty, this fear, this frustration about not knowing what exactly is going on with her. i went back on my promise to myself just to check her blog. she hasn't posted in over 2 weeks.

and the worry begins again. i wish i could turn it off like a faucet. ignore it so it went away, and haunted someone else. but this nonsensical, nonexistent closure doesn't exist, and i'm finding myself feeling like a giant "pending" folder.

i hope i'm more together tomorrow. i'm definitely more basket-case than not tonight.

3 comments:

  1. that waiting for something to happen is the worst. the few days before my brother and sister came so that we could get my mom into the hospital were torture. and that was only a few days : /

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i know that feeling too. and even when i get lulled into a feeling of security, something always pops up, or my own anxiety kicks in for no reason at all. it's one of my least favorite parts of having a BP/schizo for a mother. did you get your mom into the hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's in her second rehab (she got kicked out of the first one for having too many health problems), but she is threatening to leave. and i feel SO anxious all the time. worrying about "is she going to leave?", "why is she doing this?", "what is going to happen?".

    i wanted to go to the mountains this weekend to study for the GRE (which i havent studied for yet and am taking on thurs) and my brother texted me asking me not to go so that i can help if my mom leaves rehab this weekend. blah. i have no idea what to do. i feel like i need a break/HAVE to study, but it also feels like i shouldnt go.

    ReplyDelete